Help us create a truly memorable environment for our customers as well as your co-workers because every great store experience starts at the top.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
* Provides fast, friendly, courteous, and excellent customer service, handles customer relations, performs checking duties and supervisor functions on cash registers when necessary, and engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques. Serve as overflow cashier as necessary.
* Directs and supervises front-end activities including monitoring customer traffic and service level, coordinates and implements front-end and service programs, ensures cleanliness, safety, and appearance of Front End physical area, and monitors inventories and ordering Front End supplies and merchandise. Ensures front end is operational and that it projects a positive image.
* Handles and is accountable for cash flow and controls including safe transactions, issues and pick-ups, cash register tills, approving refunds, and monitoring checker money handling procedures. Handles scan system emergency procedures, UPC codes not on file, hard to scan UPC codes, scan pricing errors and system failures, and other emergencies.
* Assists with the interviewing and hiring of front-end and courtesy clerks. Trains front-end management, front end, and courtesy clerks and monitors their compliance. Supervises employees assigned, makes recommendations for employment status changes, and discipline to Store Director.
* Enforces dress and grooming standards for all employees.
* Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
* Other necessary and required duties as directed or required.
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Strong communication, leadership, team building and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
* Ability to deal with the public and project a positive image.
* Frequently lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
* Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. Ability to move quickly.
* Ability to operate and troubleshoot PCs and checkstand equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment, scanners, and cash registers.
* Knowledge of interviewing techniques, basic employment law, computer software and the analytical ability to handle administrative details such as planning and scheduling.
* Ability to supervise. Ability to analyze and gather facts for recommending disciplinary action and make hiring decisions.
* A good understanding of Company practices and in-depth understanding of Front End policies and procedures, and the ability to judge and react to business activity.
* Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Knowledge of product variety and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department policies and procedures.
* Ability to present a positive image to the public.
* Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures.
* Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Crown Valley Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Crown Valley Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure adequate proper inventory level, product quality, eye appeal, and freshness.
As a primary contact for Crown Valley Market customers, the Meat Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Meat Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Trains, schedules, supervises and assigns duties to meat department staff. Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards. Resolves customer complaints, answers questions, and provides advice on the preparation and storage of meat. Responsible for maintaining department in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Responsible for removing and disposing of all out-of-date products. Prepares meat in saleable sizes and condition for wrapping to eventual display and sale to customers. Cuts, trims, chops, grinds, and otherwise prepare meats and places on trays. Handles freight placed in the cooler by the delivery driver. Freight is opened, sorted, and stacked. May occasionally place the product in display cases and check product display for expiration date. May take special orders for customers.
Meat Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Schedule, supervise, train, and assign duties to meat cutters and meat wrappers.
- Follow division guidelines for implementation of the merchandising program.
- Inventory floor stock, cooler, and freezer stock daily.
- Write meat order in the order guidebook.
- Check arriving orders for completeness and bad products.
- Uses computer to check, verify and input orders.
- Operates saws, grinders, and other meat processing machinery.
- Uses knives to cut, trim, and prepare meat products.
- Inspects, sorts, and grades meat products.
- Inspects displayed products for expired dates and removes them. Follows division markdown policy.
- Performs daily temp and tare log checks.
- Make signs for displays as needed.
- Takes special orders from customers and provides special cuts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of and ability to prepare different cuts of meat.
- Previous experience as a meat wrapper, meat cutter.
- Desired: Prior Management experience.
Meat Department staff
% Inside: 100% – %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: The meat department is kept cool. Exposure to the freezer.
Chemicals: Seldom (mild detergents, disinfectants, and glass cleaner).
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
hand truck, six-wheeled cart, pallet jack, grocery cart, box cutter, bailer, forklift, pens/pencils, telephone/intercom, knives, meat grinders, meat saws, computer, forms, and papers.
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Frequently lifts 11-35 lbs. Occasionally lifts 36-50 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-20 lbs. Occasionally carries 21-35 lbs. Seldom carries 36-75 lbs.
Pushing / Pulling:
Occasionally pushes/pulls 1-20 lbs. Seldom pushes/pulls 21-35 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder reaching. Seldom overhead reaching and at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on the job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Frequent walking while on the job.
Seldom. May use step stool or ladder.
Frequent neck rotation and bending of head. Occasional bending/stooping, twisting and crouching. Seldom squatting and kneeling.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent fine finger manipulation and repetitive motion. Seldom forceful gripping.
Peripheral vision and depth perception used to move around meat areas with dangerous moving machinery. Use of near vision to read tags, orders, displays, and when handling sharp objects and dangerous power tools to cut and trim meat. Color vision used to assess the quality of meat.
To converse with customers in person, or by telephone, and to receive instruction and information from other employees
To converse with customers in person, or by telephone, and to provide instruction or information to other employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To manage the store in the absence of the Store Director. To organize and direct store activities to ensure total store sales, profit, and expense goals. To directly supervise the center store departments and partner with Store Director on total store operations.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promotes a customer-focused approach to growth by creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic personalized customer service. In the absence of the Store Director, resolves customer relations issues. Provides leadership to create and maintain positive public relations and involvement with the community.
- Provides leadership and direction to all store associates. Trains and supervises all Department Managers and other store associates in all store activities, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the profitability of the total store. Practices aggressive cost control for all in-store operating, maintenance, and supply costs. Ensures that individual departments effectively schedule work hours and control overtime expenditures. Follows proper administrative procedures and completes all required reports.
- Participates in all store activities in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the store. Meets frequently with Department Managers to review ads, sales plans, store conditions, store promotions. Works to attain budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Reviews and analyzes P&L statements. Develops and implements plans to reduce department shrink. Determines labor coverage needs for departments based on an analysis of current and projected sales and market conditions, and schedules associates based on those needs.
- Determines proper inventory levels in departments and establishes procedures for maintaining proper inventory levels to eliminate out-of-stock conditions. Coordinates all communication to vendors on product amounts and placement.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Department Manager experience preferred
- Fresh department experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Good management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
- Requires the ability to interpret profit and loss statements. Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to reach, lift, stack, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Requires the physical ability to be able to cover various positions throughout the store as required.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of approximately -20° Fahrenheit, 28° Fahrenheit, and 35° Fahrenheit, while handling products in freezers, coolers, and display cases. Temperatures of approximately 150° Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases. Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled store environment.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday.
- Incumbent may sit for periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.